ABOUT EDUCATION CITY: Home to Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development, Education City is an international hub for innovative research, academia, and social development.
It also encompasses a wide variety of buildings including various university campuses, research centers, office buildings, residential complexes, recreational and sports facilities, as well as office buildings. Additionally, some of the world’s most elite universities and research centers are housed in Education city, including the Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar (VCU Qatar), Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q), Texas A&M University in Qatar (TAMUQ), Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar (CMU-Q), Georgetown University –School of Foreign Services in Qatar (SFS-Qatar), Northwestern University in Qatar (NU-Q), HEC Paris in Qatar, and University College London in Qatar (UCL-Q). ASTAD managed the planning and delivery of the master plan, and oversaw the development of all necessary infrastructure to make Education City one of the world’s most iconic landmarks.
- Wide range of facilities, including educational, research, health, conference, commercial, residential, recreational, hospitality, golf course.
- Hub for research and technology -Qatar Science & Technology Park (QSTP), Research and Development Complex (RDC).
- Hosting stadium for Qatar World Cup 2022, located within the Health and Wellness Facilities precinct.
- Ultramodern center of medical excellence -Sidra Medical and Research Center
- HBKU led Student Centre serving the entire Education City, including all of the existing branch campuses.
- First LEED certified building in Qatar achieving LEED Gold –Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC).
- Large portfolio of LEED certified projects.
- Environmentally sustainable student accommodation.
- Innovative transport infrastructure –Catenary free light rail People Mover System (PMS) network.
- Connection to the future Metro transportation network with major stations located along the perimeter of both Education City campuses.
- Pedestrian friendly environment.