- Legal Advise on Contracts
Provide legal advise on critical issues and develop essential contractual provisions and processes.
• Provide contractual expertise and implementation advice.
• Implementation of strategic contractual opportunities.
- Risk Management
Analyse and advise on obligations of high risk and visibility. Final revision and endorsement of contracting documentation.
• Provide high level contract interpretation and contractual risk management guidance.
- Contract Documents
Provide essential input and advice on development of model contracts, contract templates and models, terms, conditions and appendices.
• Develop and adapt comprehensive contract documents required for various types of works and services.
Render advice and support to compliance officer in review and development of all procedures.
• Ensure compliance to relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures by entire contracts department.
• Interact with external agencies and ensure compliance to regulations.
Impart formal training in contract expertise. Provide guidance and leadership on contractual matters to cross functional team members.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- BSc or BA in Law, or similar discipline and preferably an MBA or LLM (preferably in construction law) plus chartered membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), or directly equivalent national institution,
- 15 years experience in contracting either as a Contracts Specialist, Contracts or Commercial Manager with extensive claims and dispute resolution experience of which at least 5 years practice should be demonstrated as a senior legal counsel/adviser in an international project management or construction business.